Located on the Chevalier Campus, St John’s Boarding provides accommodation for 32 boys and 48 girls.
The focus of boarding is to provide a welcoming, supportive and caring environment where the safety and wellbeing of our students is paramount. In addition, to providing a home away from home, our boarding program supports students with academic, pastoral, recreation, health and wellbeing programs.
The Boarding Program operates during the school term (40 week program). With students required to return home during the term breaks:
- End of Term 1 - 1 week break
- End of Term 2 - 3 week break
- End of Term 3 - 2 week break
- End of Term 4 - 6 week break
Please note processing time for ABSTUDY funded boarding students is approximately 3 months. Please submit applications 6 months in advance for the College to process in a timely manner.
BOARDING SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (CRSP)
The Commonwealth Regional Scholarship Program (CRSP) is provided by the Australian Government and is available to support lower to middle income regional, rural and remote Australian students to attend boarding schools.
Scholarships can be used to reduce the Boarding Levy throughout a student’s secondary studies.
The CRSP is managed on behalf of the Australian Government by ‘Busy at Work’. For further information and to apply please visit:
Our Boarding Program
- A culturally safe and diverse community catering for local, remote, interstate and international students
- Male and female staff on duty 24hours a day
- An after school study program
- Pastoral care and wellbeing program
- A recreation program accessing local events, organisations and sporting clubs
- A health centre staffed by a registered nurse (Monday – Friday)
- Weekly mass
- Secure premises
- A fleet of college vehicles to transport students around Darwin
- Support with enrolments and travel
Our Boarding Facilities
- Fully catered kitchen and dining room
- Fully serviced laundry
- Computer room
- Swimming pool
- Recreation rooms
- Basketball courts and oval