St John’s Catholic College, was founded by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC), with the Sacred Heart of Jesus being one of our central symbols. It is our MSC heritage and Sacred Heart tradition that underpins our colour palette of red, white and navy.
The College uniform design incorporates our heritage and is representative of ‘one’ College; a design that promotes College identity, pride and spirit; and a design that is contemporary, functional and comfortable for the Darwin climate.
The wearing of the full school uniform is compulsory at St John’s Catholic College.
Our uniform shop is outsourced by The Cricket and Football Shop located at Unit 1/422 Stuart Highway, Winnellie.
Opening hours are:
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Red polo shirt with tailored collar and embroidered college badge
- Navy unisex school shorts with embroidered college badge
- Plain white or black socks
- Black shoes or predominately black shoes with white highlights (no other colour permitted).
House Spirit Fridays
House Shirts are worn on Fridays to build identity, pride and spirit in the vertical pastoral care system.
- Navy school shorts with relevant House coloured polo shirt.
- The College has a hoodie jumper that is available from the Cricket and Football Shop. No other jumper is permitted at the College.
- The College has two styles of hat (bucket and cap) that are available from the Cricket and Football Shop. No other hat is permitted at the College.
- The College navy blue hijab is available through the Front Office.
- The College bag is available from the Cricket and Football Shop. Not a compulsory item.
Back to School Vouchers
In term 1 of each year, all students are eligible to spend a $150 back to school voucher granted by the NT Government on school items. At St John’s, we allow families to use this $150 BTSV towards school uniforms or the resource levy.
All families must collect their BTSV from the Administration office on the Hartzer campus before going to the cricket and football shop to purchase uniforms. You will need a BTSV for each child. The BTSV will be stamped with a St John’s school stamp. The cricket and football shop will not accept any unstamped BTSV.
The cricket and football shop will give each family (one per child) a uniform order form to fill out to purchase uniforms.
For the remainder of the year when students require new uniforms, families only need to go to the cricket and football shop.