The motto of our college is ‘Strong in Faith’, which is reflected in the importance we place on spiritual and moral as well as academic development. We strive for our pupils to develop a strong moral character, based on the knowledge and practice of faith, supported by a first-rate education.
- Achieve the highest attainment for all learners, regardless of ability
- Provide creative, innovative and challenging learning experiences that will equip each student with the life skills he/she needs for his/her future
- Work in partnership with parents, guardians and caregivers to achieve the very best outcomes for each student
- Provide spiritual and faith experiences that enhance each student’s understanding and commitment to the Catholic faith
- Prepare our students for an active role in the wider global community
We do this through:
- Acceptance: Appreciating each person and her/his story; valuing cultural differences and being inclusive of all.
- Compassion: Involves the ‘head, heart and hand’ in understanding by listening, showing heartfelt concern, being able to forgive wrongs and putting concerns into meaningful actions.
- Courage: Strength to uphold the community values and beliefs; and leading the way in being true to ourselves despite the challenges that may come.
- Respect: A sense of self-worth and esteem for self and others is shown and gained through showing consideration and esteem for others.
- Responsibility: Being dependable and able to be relied upon; being accountable for our decisions and actions.
- Resilience: Involves understanding yourself and your strengths and challenges, being self-motivated to always give your best, and keep persevering by facing up to the challenges.
- Stewardship: Showing concern and cherishing the community and its environment; being prepared to act as guardians to conserve, promote care, concern and appreciation for the benefit of future generations of the St John’s Catholic College community.